Last updated: 11th December, 2019
1. How the website works
By means of the website https://artsbarvenice.com/ (the “Site”), managed by CFH MILAN HOLDCO SRL (“The St. Regis Venice”), a hotel managed by Marriott International, the User accesses and may look through the exclusive services of The St. Regis Venice.
3. Data controller
The Data Controller is CFH MILAN HOLDCO SRL, based in PIAZZA DELLA REPUBBLICA 20, 20124 MILANO (MI).
The data is mainly processed at the Data Controller’s premises, within the European Union and, with respect to services provided by third parties, also outside the European Union.
In case of transfer of the data in countries which do not ensure the standard of protection equivalent to Italy, The St. Regis Venice undertakes to adopt all the necessary measures to legitimize said transfer, as illustrated below.
4. Modalities of data processing
The data is processed mainly with electronic, computerized and automated means, for the period of time which is strictly necessary to seek the purposes for which it was collected.
The St. Regis Venice processes the data in compliance with the law, adopting adequate security measures able to prevent non-authorized accesses, dissemination, non-authorized alteration or destruction of the data.
5. Purposes of data processing
Users’ data will be processed exclusively for the following purposes:
a) Carry out statistics and analysis on anonymous and aggregate data relating to the User, which do not allow to identify the User directly, for the performance of statistical analysis, to improve technical assistance, for evolutionary maintenance of the platform and The St. Regis Venice services offered to the User, for the development of the Site contents, as well as to correct and develop research and analysis techniques;
b) Pursue the rights and legitimate interest of The St. Regis Venice and/or third parties (e.g. companies of the Group), for example the right to defend in court, the management of complaints and disputes, negotiations, the prevention of fraud and/or of illegal activities, etc. In these cases, even if the processing of the User’s data is not mandatory, it is still necessary as these data are strictly connected and instrumental to the pursuit of such legitimate interests, which do not prevail over the privacy rights of the User, and any opposition to the processing could make it impossible to provide the services requested;
c) Purposes connected to the execution of obligations provided by law, regulations, EU and national provisions, orders imposed by competent authorities, which represent the legal basis for the relevant processing operations.
6. Personal data undergoing processing
The St. Regis Venice receives and collects, through the Site, information related to the Users visiting its pages and using the services offered by the Site. In particular, The St. Regis Venice will collect and process the following information.
6.1 Web-browsing data
When the User browses through the Site, the latter collects certain information such as the pages visited, the links and/or buttons clicked by the User, the date and hour of the access, the User’s IP address, the browser used the operative system used (so called “web-browsing data”). Said data, for its nature, in certain cases could allow to identify the User, also by means of elaborations and connections with third party data. However, The St. Regis Venice uses said data exclusively to obtain statistical and anonymous information about the use of the Site, for purposes strictly related to the control of its correct running. The data may also be used for the ascertainment of liabilities in case of IT crimes in damage of the Site.
6.2 Data voluntarily provided by the User
The St. Regis Venice does not collect User’s data by external sources and limits to the minimum the collection of User’s personal data, exclusively in relation to the purposes illustrated above, meaning:
c) Other data voluntarily provided by the User: during the use of the services offered by the Site, the User may also provide The St. Regis Venice with other data, further to those indicated above, in order to receive additional information and/or services (e.g. by requesting information through the contact published on the Site, reporting disservices or dysfunctions on the Site, etc.). Said data will be processed by The St. Regis Venice exclusively for the purpose strictly related to the User’s request. The refusal to provide said data may affect the possibility, for the User, of receiving the service or information requested;
d) Sending of job applications: The User can send via e-mail to The St. Regis Venice his/her application to work in The St. Regis Venice through the contact section of the Site. To this end, The St. Regis Venice will acquire and use the information provided by the User through the spontaneous sending of the CV for the sole purpose of recruitment and managing applications. In any case, the User is asked not to include particular categories of data and/or sensitive data in his/her resume (such as relating to health, political opinions, sex life, etc.), except those strictly necessary for the purposes of complying with legal provisions (such as the belonging to protected categories). The St. Regis Venice will not take into account any excessive data that is not necessary for the aforementioned recruitment purposes.
A cookie is a little file which a website sends to the browser and saves on the User’s computer when visiting a website. Cookies are used in order to allow or enhance the running of the website, but also to gain information on the Site or on the User’s web-browsing activities.
a) How to disable cookies on the browser
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: Click “Tools” in the top right corner and select “Internet settings”. In the pop-up select “Privacy”: here the User may change the cookies settings.
- Google Chrome: Click the “wrench” in the top right corner and select “Settings”. Then select “Show advanced settings” and change the “Privacy” settings.
- Mozilla Firefox: In the top left menu select “Settings”. In the pop-up window select “Privacy”: here the User may change the cookies settings.
- Safari: In the top right menu select “Preferences”. Then select “Security” and change the cookies settings.
In order to carry out such operation in the mobile telephone, please consult the handbook of the device.
Please be aware that by disabling all the cookies on the Site, certain functionalities of the Site may not be available.
b) Further information on cookies
The website www.allaboutcookies.org contains the instructions for the management of cookies of the most used browsers; alternatively, it is possible to consult the documentation related to the software used on the device.
8. Communication of data to third parties
The data provided by the User and those collected by the Site in the providing of the services (e.g. IP address) will not be disseminated and may be communicated, also abroad in Countries outside the EU, exclusively for the purposes and with the modalities above, to the following categories of entities:
- collaborators, consultants, professionals, companies of the Group providing to The St. Regis Venice technical or organizational services (e.g. IT service providers), or collaborating with The St. Regis Venice, for the correct providing and execution of its services or for marketing activities;
- persons, companies, professionals, companies of the Group providing assistance and advice to The St. Regis Venice, with particular but not exclusive reference to accounting, administrative, legal, tax and financial matters;
- subjects and entities legitimated to access the data by law provisions or authorities’ order.
The subjects and entities indicated above will process the data in their quality as autonomous data controllers pursuant to applicable law or as data processors.
The list of names of the subjects to which the data are or may be communicated is available by contacting The St. Regis Venice at the address indicated in part. “Contacts and Users’ rights”.
9. Data Retention
User’s personal data are mainly processed with electronic, telematics and automated tools for the time necessary to achieve the purposes for which they were collected. User’s personal data are stored by The St. Regis Venice for the time necessary to perform the requested service, as well as after the termination of such execution for the fulfillment of the obligations and statutory limitation periods connected to the provision of The St. Regis Venice services and for aggregate analysis activities, pursuit of legitimate interests, legal obligations indicated above. Based on the general criteria for determining the data retention period indicated herein, please note that the Company shall identify specific data retention periods for each processing carried out through the website (e.g. collection of online job application).
10. Contact and Users’ Rights
The User may exercise, in the cases expressly provided for by law and where applicable, the rights provided for by the GDPR. In particular, the User has the right to request:
- confirmation that his/her personal data are processed and, in this case, to ask the data controller for access to information relating to the relevant data processing (e.g. purposes, categories of data processed, recipients or categories of recipients of data, data retention period, etc.);
- the rectification of inaccurate or incomplete data;
- the cancellation of the data (e.g. if the personal data are no longer necessary with respect to the purposes for which they were collected, in the event of withdrawal of the consent on which the processing is based, etc.);
- the limitation of the processing (e.g. in case of dispute by the User on the accuracy of the data; if the processing is unlawful and the same opposes the cancellation of personal data; if the data are necessary for the exercise or defense in court of a right of the User, even if the owner no longer needs it; in case of exercise of the right of opposition, for the time necessary to verify the existence of legitimate reasons);
- in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, the personal data concerning him and to transmit them to another owner, or to obtain direct transmission from one data controller to another, if technically feasible (so-called “data portability”).
The User also has the right to object, in whole or in part, for legitimate reasons, to the processing of his/her personal data.
The rights listed above may be exercised by means of the specific functions available on the Site, or of the links inserted in the email, or by sending an email to the following address: Rocco.Butta@stregis.com
Finally, if the User believes that the processing of his/her personal data through the Site is in violation of the provisions of the GDPR and the applicable legislation on the protection of personal data, the User has the right to lodge a complaint with the Guarantor Authority for the protection of personal data (www.garanteprivacy.it), as provided for in art. 77 of the GDPR or to refer the case to the judicial authorities (art. 79 of the GDPR).
In case the amendments are particularly meaningful, The St. Regis Venice may communicate them to the User by means of a different channel (e.g. by sending an email).